TSPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus 2017
TSPSC Staff Nurse Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2017 of General Abilities and Nursing (GNM) Level. SCHEME AND SYLLABUS FOR THE POST OF STAFF NURSE IN HEALTH MEDICAL & FAMILY WELFARE DEPARTMENT
TSPSC Staff Nurse Exam Pattern 2017
Mode of Exam : Written Examination (Objective Type)
Paper-I: General Abilities
Language Of Examination : Bilingual i.e., English and Telugu
No. of Questions : 50
Duration : 50 Minutes
Maximum Marks : 50
Paper II : Nursing (GNM) Level
Language Of Examination : English
No. of Questions : 100
Duration : 100 Minutes
Maximum Marks : 100
Total : 150 Marks
SCHEME AND SYLLABUS FOR THE POST OF STAFF NURSE IN HEALTH MEDICAL & FAMILY WELFARE DEPARTMENT
TSPSC Staff Nurse PAPER-I: GENERAL ABILITIES Syllabus 2017
1. Current Affairs: International, National and State.
2. Society, Heritage and Culture, Polity, Economy, Human Development Indices and the Development Programmes in India and Telangana.
3. Natural Resources in India and Telangana: their distribution, exploitation, conservation and related issues.
4. Basic concepts of Ecology and Environment and their impact on health and economy; Disasters and Disaster management.
5. Impact of changing demographic trends on health, environment and society.
6. Agriculture, Industry, Trade, Transportation and Service sectors in India and Telangana.
7. Food adulteration, Food processing, food distribution, food storage and their relevance to public health.
8. Recent trends in Science and Technology.
9. Telangana Statehood movement and formation of Telangana State.
10.Moral values and Professional ethics.
11.Logical Reasoning: Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
TSPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2017
TSPSC Staff Nurse Paper: II. Nursing (GNM) Syllabus 2017
1. Anatomy and Physiology : Introduction to Anatonical Terms; Organization of body sells, tissues, tissues organs systems. Membranes and glands ; Skeletal System; Bones – Types, Structures, Functions; Axial Skeleton; Appendicular Skeleton; Joints – classification and Function; Muscular system; Cardio vascular system; Respiratory system; Digestive system; Excretory system; Nervous System, Reproductive System, Endocrine and Sense organs
2. Microbiology :The control and destruction of Microorganisms; Principle and Method of Microbial control ; Sterilization; Disinfection physical, Natural, Gases, Chemicals and used and preparation of lotions; Control spred of infection; Biosafety and waste management
3. Psychology: Psychology of human behavior: Dynamics of behavior, motivation and behavioral process
4. Fundamentals of Nursing: Pharmacology; Administration of Drugs, Classification, Action, dosage of drugs, basic needs and care in special conditions: Case of patient with fever, unconscious patent, patent with fluid in balance, patent with : dyspnoea, care of physically handicapped: therapeutic diet in sick patient
5. First Aid in Emergency situations: Fire, Burns, Fractures accidents. Poisoning, drowning, insect bites, Foreign bodies, bandaging and splinting.
6. Community Health Nursing Process: Importance of the Community Health Nursing process; Community identification, planning and Community Health Nursing care services; Immunization; Purpose and principles of Home visiting:;Early detection and management (minor ailments); Environmental factors contributing to Health Water; Safe, uses of water, waste, housing, noise.
7. Normal dietary requirements and deficiency diseases of each of the constituents of food: The Caloric, Balanced diet. Recommended daily allowances; Method of calculating normal food requirements; Low cost menu; Diseases caused by deficiency of protein, fat, carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins
8. Medical Surgical Nursing Assessment : Health Assessment; Physical Examination; General clinical investigations ; Pre and post operative management of the patient immediate and routine; Post operative complications; Nursing
management of patient with – Respiratory, Gastro ,Intestinal , Genito, Urinary, Renal, Neurological, Connective tissues, Endocrinal AND Cardiovascular problems.; Role of a Nurse in emergency conditions
9. Medical Surgical Nursing II- Nursing management of patient with disorder and diseases of – Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat, Communicable diseases ; Oncological Nursing Management : Chemo Therapy; Radiation and Radical Surgery; Emergency and disaster Nursing
10. Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing: Definition, Etiology signs and symptoms, Medical and Surgical Management of Mental Disorders; Psychiatric Nursing Management: Definition. Principles of Psychiatric Nursing. Therapeutic nurse patient relationship.
11. Pediatric Nursing (Child Health) :The Health child –Infant, toddles, pre schools. School age, adolescent :Behavioral disorders and Common Health problem during childhood their prevention, Medical and Nursing Management: Infancy ; Early childhood; Middle childhood and Later childhood
12. Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing: Genitourinary system of male and female reproductive system; Menstrual Cycle; Nursing Management & Pregnant Women – Physiological changes in pregnancy, signs and symptoms and investigations of pregnancy; Disorders of Menstruation – Amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea
13. Community Health Nursing II: Specialized Community Health Services and Nurses Role; School Health services; Geriatric Nursing; Demography, and family welfare; Vital Health statistics
14. Professional trends and adjustments: Legislation in Nursing; Legal Hazards in Nursing; Health laws and regulations effective Nursing in India
15. Administration and ward Management: Elements and principles of Administration