TS PGECET 2017 Exam Notification Online Application Form
TS PGECET 2017 : Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS PGECET) 2017 will be conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad from May 29 onwards, on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), a statutory body of the Government of Telangana, Hyderabad, for admissions into regular PG courses in Engineering, Technology and Architecture (ME/M.Tech./M.Arch) offered across institutions/colleges in the State of Telangana. The entrance examination will be held till June 1, 2017.
Candidates, who are qualified in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), will be given preference during seat allotment procedure, and they will not be required to appear for TS PGECET 2017. However, they will be required to fill the application form in order to be considered eligible for PG engineering admissions. TS PGECET 2017 Application Form will be available in online mode from second week of March onwards. After the seats are filled with GATE qualified candidates, the remaining vacant seats will be filled as per merit order by those, who have secured ranks in TS PGECET. Aspirants can check complete details of TS PGECET 2017 including important dates, participating institutes, eligibility criteria, application form, and more on this page.
Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS PGECET) Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE)
Dates to Remember for TS PGECET 2017 Examination
|1.||Issue of notification||2nd week of March 2017|
|2.||Commencement of online applications||2nd week of March 2017|
|3.||Last date for submitting online applications||4th week of April 2017|
|4.||Downloading hall ticket||4th week of May 2017|
|5.||Examination dates||May 29 to June 1, 2017|
|6.||Result declaration||3rd week of June 2017|
|7.||Rank card availability||4th week of June 2017|
TS PGECET 2017 Exam Eligibility
- Must be residents of Telangana State. It is mandatory for them to meet the domicile requirements to be eligible.
- Must have passed B.E./B.Tech./AMIE from a recognized institute/university with an aggregate minimum of 50% (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category).
- Those having distance education degree are also eligible if it is recognized and has approval from AICTE/DEC.
- Qualified candidates of GATE are required to apply separately as they are exempted from TS PGECET 2017.
TS PGECET 2017 Application Form
- Rs.250 for SC/ST
Note: Candidates wishing to appear for more than one paper have to pay separate registration fee for each test.
- Cash at any AP/TS online centre
- Online via credit/debit card
Application Procedure for TS PGECET 2017 Exam
- Candidates are required to enter their name, father’s name, date of birth, class X hall admit card number, month & year of passing, mobile number and papers appearing for.
- Payment source, transaction ID and other details for logging in must be entered, and TS PGECET 2017 Application Form must be filled.
- Candidates are required to enter academic details and upload photograph with a file size not exceeding 40 KB.
- A unique registration number will be issued after successful submission of the form.
- Applicants will also receive an SMS with registration number and transaction ID on their registered mobile numbers.
- No certificates shall be uploaded at the time of filling TS PGECET Application Form 2017.
TS PGECET Exam Centres 2017
TS PGECET 2017 Exam Centres are the cities where the entrance exam will be conducted in the month of May. These will fall under two regional centres- Hyderabad and Warangal. TSCHE reserves the right to cancel any of the exam centres if there are insufficient candidates, or for any unforeseen circumstances. The final allotted TS PGECET 2017 exam centre will be printed on hall ticket, which has to be downloaded by candidates before the last date.
TS PGECET 2017 Exam Syllabus
Osmania University will provide TS PGECET 2017 Syllabus for following 17 disciplines
|2||Architecture and Planning||AR|
|3||Bio- Medical Engineering||BM|
|7||Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|9||Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC|
|12||Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics||GG|
TS PGECET Exam Pattern 2017
- TS PGECET 2017 will be conducted by Osmania University in offline mode, i.e. paper based test. Candidates have to mark their responses in OMR sheet.
- Question Paper of TS PGECET 2017 will comprise a total of 120 questions in each paper of two hours duration, carrying a maximum of 120 marks. There will not be negative marking for incorrect responses.
- TS PGECET 2017 will have objective type with multiple choice questions (MCQs).
The University will offer postgraduate engineering programmes in following branches-
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architecture and Planning
- Bio- Medical Engineering
- Bio Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Environmental Management
- Food Technology
- Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nano Technology
- Textile Technology
TS PGECET 2017 Contact Details
TS PGECET 2017
Behind Engineering College Library,
Hyderabad – 500 007.
website : tspgecet.org
Incoming search terms:
- www tspgecet org 2017