Telangana Budget 2014 Highlights
Telangana Budget 2014 Highlights Telangana Budget 2014 Highlights Telangana Budget 2014 Highlights Telangana Budget 2014 Highlights Telangana Budget 2014 Highlights
Finance minister Etela Rajendar presented the first budget of the newly formed state with emphasis on electoral promises, welfare scheme and developmental prokects.
Telangana Chief Ministr K Chandrashekar Rao reached Assembly an hour before the budget was to be presented.
The highlights of the budget below.. This budget only for 10 months
1. Rs 100 crore for the welfare of Telangana martys’ families
2. Total outlay of #Telangana budget is 1 lakh 637 Cr. Our Govt is committed towards the formation of a golden Telangana: E Rajendra
3. BJP legislators walk with lanterns to highlight power crisis
4. Service sector share in GSDP: 58 per cent; Agriculture: 14 per cent
5. 4 lift irrigation projects in -#Mahabubnagar. 6500 crores of total budget for -#irrigation
6. Rs 2000 Crs to restore 9000 lakes
7. Rs 10 cr for welfare of journalists
8. Rs 17,000 crore farm loans waived, Rs 4,250 crore deposited in bank -#Telangana Budget
9. Rs 10crs for Farm Mechanisation and Rs 20Crs for Crop Colony -#telangana
10. Revenue Surplus : 300+ Crores
11. Non Plan Expenditure : 52000 Cr
12. Plan Expenditure : 48000 Cr
13. Fiscal Deficit : 17000 Cr
14. #Telangana govt allocated 1030 Cr rupees for the minority welfare. Which is less than 1% of total bugdet outlay.
15. Development of district government hospitals Rs 42 cr
16. Disabled welfare fund Rs 36.75 cr
17. Water grod Rs 2000 cr
18. Non plan expenditure is Rs. 51,989 crore; Plan expenditure is Rs. 48,648 crore; Estimated revenue surplus is 301 crore; Fiscal deficit estimated at Rs. 17,398 crore.
19. Though the budge is only available for ten months of current financial year 2014-15, it has been so programmed to integrate see lesson into the five year perspective plan 2014-19: Rajender
20. Etela: Budget is a major departure from the past both in its approach and content. People suggestions were sought at village and ward level before preparing the budget
21. First time, a newly formed state has attempted to democratise the entire process of budget making: Finance Minister
22. Short, medium and long term action plans conceived for which 14 task force committees constituted
23. The comprehensive household survey will be used to better target welfare programmes: FM
24. Rs 200 cr for Solar pumpe sets for farmers
25. Rs. 6500 crore alloted for irrigation and command area development
26. 45,000 irrigation tanks to be restored in five years, out of which, 9000 tanks will be restored this year
27. With a focus on revival of tanks and irrigation sources, budget allocates Rs. 2000 crore for restoration of irrigation tanks
28. Nettempadu, Kalwakurthy, Bheema, Koil sagar lift irrigation schemes to be completed this year. Total of 2,97,550 acres to be brought under irrigation under these projects
29. Government focussed on water and drinking Water projects: Rajendar.
30. Ten per cent of water in irrigation projects to be used for drinking water purposes
31. State drinking water grid to be established
32. To provide piped drinking date through a network of pipelines at a cost of Rs. 25,000 crore, Rs. 2,000 crore allocated this year
33. T Government allocates Rs. 4,250 crore for farmer debt waiver scheme
34. Govt proposes to make #Telangana as seed bowl of the country
35. Rs 10,956 cr for educational development in all branches
36. Rs 480 cr for inpur subsidy
37. Rs 25,000 crore for free education from KG to PG
38. Rs 250 cr for green cover
39. Rs 221 cr for women abd chold development
40. Rs 1103 cr for ICDS scheme
50. Rs 2022 cr for BC welfare
51. Rs 1030 for minority welfare
52. Rs 7579 for SCs
53. Rs 4559 for STs
54. Rs 400 crore for market price stabilisation
55. For upliftement of SCs from 2014-2019 Rs 50k cr will be spent
56. Rs 150 cr for Kalyana Lakshmi scheme for SCs
57. Rs 80 cr for Kalyana Lakshmi scheme for STs
58. Rs 400 cr for Mandal to districts double roads
59. Rs 3,241 cr for power
60. To generate 20000 mw power in next five years
61. Extra 4000 mw from NTPC
62. Rs 1000 cr invested in Genco for 6000 mw
63. Telangana Government plans suitable provision for development of fisheries sector.
64. Rs. 1000 crore earmarked for distributing land to landless SC families
65. Tribal sub plan raised 9.34 per cent amount to 4461 crore in the budget. Tribals hamlets to be upgraded to gram panchayats. Schemes to be formulated on the lines of ITDAs for tribals living in plain areas
66. Govt committed to provide Rs.50,000 crore for welfare of SCs in next five years. Social welfare department renamed as SC welfare department
67. Government allots 16.30 crore as incentive give to milk producers. Rs. 4 per litre incentive for those supplying milk to Vijaya Dairy, a govt-run dairy
68. Govt announces Rs. 20 crore power subsidy for poultry farmers. 1.5 lakh tonnes of maize supplied to poultry farmers at subsidised rates of Ra 10 per kg
69. Government to give 100 per cent subsidy to SC/ ST farmers, 90 per cent to small and marginal farmers 80 per cent to others for setting up drip irrigation projects. Rs. 250 crore allocated for this purpose
70.State to promote drip irrigation in 1.36 lakh acres
71. Green house farming to be promoted in 1000 acres around Hyderabad in pilot basis to cultivate exotic and unseasonal vegetables at a cost of Rs. 200 crore. Government to extend 75 per cent subsidy to set up green houses
72. Government decides to consolidate agricultural land holdings to make farming prices utile and intensive
73. Government proposes to make Telanagana as seed bowl of the country
74. Rs. 100 crore allocated for farm mechanisation.
75. Rs. 20 crore earmarked for crop colonies and soil testing.
76. Rs. 10 crore for farm field schools
77. Government to release Rs.480 crore for input subsidy dues to farming community. Rs. 1,150 crore released for red jowar seed growers farmers in Nizamabad
78. Government allocates Rs. 4,250 crore for farmer debt waiver scheme. Loans up to Rs. 1 lakh per family being waived
79. To provide piped drinking date through a network of pipelines at a cost of Rs. 25,000 crore, Rs. 2,000 crore allocated this
80. Tribal museum and memorial for Gond martyr Kumram Bheema to be set up at Jodeghat in Adilabad district
81. Government earmarks Rs. 7,579 crore and Rs. 4,559 crore respectively for SC and ST sub plans. Rs. 2,022 crore for welfare backward classes. Rs. 1,030 crore for minorities welfare.
82. Rs. 330 crore for Kalyanalaxmi scheme in which a newly-weded woman gets 51,000
83. Rs. 1,003 crore for women and child welfare schemes
84. Rs. 1,317 crore earmarked for payment of pensions to aged and widows. Pension amount enhanced to Rs. 1,000 per month for aged and widows under the Asara pension scheme. Disabled to get Rs. 1,500 per month
85. Rs. 100 crore allocated for one time supply of LPG connections to poor women
86. Rs. 25 crore earmarked to provide improvised education from KG to PG.
87. Rs. 940 crore for setting up model schools at mandal level. Technical education gets Rs. 212 crore. IIIT Basara gets Rs. 119 crore.
88. Health sector gets Rs.2,282 crore.
89. Gandhi and Osmania hospitals provided Rs. 100 crore each. Maternity hospital in Hyderabad to get Rs. 50 crore. Nil outré and King Koti hospitals given Rs. 30 crore and Rs. 25 crore each.It has been a miserable year for Rs. 25 crore earmarked to provide improvised education from KG to PG.
90. Rs. 940 crore for setting up model schools at mandal level. Technical education gets Rs. 212 crore. IIIT Basara gets Rs. 119 crore.
91. Health sector gets Rs.2,282 crore.
92. Gandhi and Osmania hospitals provided Rs. 100 crore each. Maternity hospital in Hyderabad to get Rs. 50 crore. Nil outré and King Koti hospitals given Rs. 30 crore and Rs. 25 crore each.
93.Rs. 42 crore set apart for upgradation of 42 area hospitals in the state.Additional 40 crore budget to strengthen eye, mental, chest and ENT hospitals.
94.Medical college buildings to get Rs. 152 crore.Health university to come up at Warangal
95.Industrial growth picked up to reach 2.7 per cent against 0.9 per cent growth last year.Chasing cell established at CMO to ensure faster clearance of industrial approvals on day-to-day basis.
Land bank to be set up in five lakh acres For establishment of industries. Telangana industrial infrastructure corporation to overlook land allocation. Rs. 100 crore allocated for providing facilities in the land.
96.Rs. 90 crore for ITIR projects in Hyderabad.Major national project as part of national investment, and manufacturing zone to come up in Medak district spread over 12,365 acres.
97.NIMZ has potential to attract investments of Rs. 40,000 crore and employment for 3 lakh people and support 4.5 lakh people indirectly.
98.Telangana government plans to link research institutes academia and industry in and around Hyderabad under the umbrella of research and innovation circle of Hyderabad (RICH)
99.Rs. 19.30 crore incentive for SC entrepreneurs to set up industries.Power loom weavers to get one lakh loan waiver.
100.20,000 MW power to be added in next 5 years
101.BHEL to set up thermal plants with a capacity of 6000 MW
102.NTPC to set up 4000 MW plant at Ramagundam
103.Telangana government signs MoU with Chattaisgarh for supply of 1000 MW
104.Journalists in Telanagana to get health cards. Rs. 10 crore allotted for construction of Journalist Bhavan
105.All roads connecting Mandala headquarters to District headquarters to be made into double lane roads at a cost of Rs. 400 crore.
106.Corpus fund of Rs. 300 crore for Herita Haram scheme to raise 230 crore trees in next four years. Forest college gets 10 crore.
107.Rs. 3,241 crore allocated to energy sector, which includes Rs. 3000 crore in subsidy.
108.Rs. 1,000 crore investment in TSGENCO under state plan.
109.Tourism and culture gets a fillip. Telangana Kala Bhavan to come up in 11 acres near India Park in Hyderabad. Telangana kala Bhavan and kaloji cultural centre in warangal get Rs. 15 crore allocation
110. Rs. 11 crore earmarked for Samskrutika Sarangi to spread awareness about government programmes through cultural artists.
111.Rs. 100 crore earmarked for Godavari pushkaralu.
112.Govt announces Rs. 100 crore development plan for temple town of Yadagirigutta.
113.Rs. 60 crore for infrastructure development in tourism destinations and circuits.
114.Rs. 90 crore for sports stadium and modernisation of sports facilities across the state.