TSTRANSCO SE Recruitment 2018 Syllabus
TSTRANSCO invites SE Electrical Online Application from qualified candidates through proforma application to be made available on tstransco.cgg.gov.in website to the post of Sub-Engineer (Electrical).
TSTRANSCO SE Exam Date
- Starting date for Payment of Fee : 19.01.2018
- Starting date of application submission : 20.01.2018
- Last date for payment of Fee ONLINE : 05.02.2018 (upto 5.00 pm)
- Last date for submission of ONLINE Application : 05.02.2018 (upto 11.59 pm)
- Downloading of Hall tickets from 19.02.2018
- Date of examination : 25.02.2018 (2.00 pm to 4.00 pm)
TSTRANSCO SE Post Vacancies
Name of the post : Sub-Engineer (Electrical)
Number of Vacancies : 174 posts
TSTRANSCO SE Salary
Scale of the Post (in Rs.) 20535- 865-23130-1160-28930-1425-36055-1700-41155
TSTRANSCO SE Education Qualification
- Must have a Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Graduation in Electrical Engineering in addition to Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- any other equivalent qualification recognized by the Board/University of United Govt. of A.P. / T.S. / India / UGC / DEC / AICTE as the case may be.
NOTE : If there is any deviation from the above qualification for the above post, the candidates shall produce the equivalency certificate from the authority issuing the qualification certificate viz Registrar of the University or Secretary of the Institute for accepting his/her application
TSTRANSCO SE Age Limit
As on 01.07.2017
- Minimum : 18 years
- Maximum : 44 years
TSTRANSCO SE Age Relaxation
Relaxation in upper age limit is permissible up to
- 5 years for SC/ST/BC candidates
- 10 years for Physically Handicapped candidates.
For in-service out sourced personnel engaged on contract basis, working in TS Power Utilities, the age at the time of entry into Power Utilities as outsourced worker will be considered.
TSTRANSCO SE Fee
- Rs.100/- towards Online Application Processing Fee.
- Rs.120/- towards Examination Fee.
Applicants belonging to SC/ST/BC Communities and PH are exempted from payment of examination fee.
TSTRANSCO SE Selection Procedure
- Total Marks = 100
- Written Test Marks : 80 marks
Minimum qualifying marks in the Written Test as per rules :
OC : 40%
BC : 35%
SC/ST : 30%
PH : 30%
- Weightage Marks for in-service outsourced workers engaged on contract basis and who qualify in the Written Test : 20 marks
- Written Test Marks : 80 marks
- The merit list will be drawn considering the written examination marks plus service weightage marks (in respect of in-service contract / outsourced workers). Only those candidates who qualify in the written examination by being ranked high in the above merit list, will be called for verification of Original Certificates in 1:1 ratio duly following Rule of Reservation and Spirit of Presidential Order.
- Medical Fitness certificate issued by the Assistant Civil Surgeon should be furnished at the time of joining.
TSTRANSCO SE Application Procedure
- Candidate has to visit the link given below for Payment of Fee duly following online instructions and obtain Fee paid receipt with Journal Number (12 digit) in the first instance.
- After payment of Fee, the Candidate has to click on the link ONLINE APPLICATION FORM to complete the process of application submission.
- The applicants have to provide payment details (journal number and date)
- Upload the scanned copy of passport size photograph with signature in .jpg Format (Size of the file< 50 KB)
- The applicants have to invariably fill all the relevant fields in the Application.
- Immediately on submission of application the Applicant will get an acknowledgement in the form of a downloadable pdf document.
TSTRANSCO SE Recruitment 2018 Syllabus
TSTRANSCO SE Exam Pattern 2018
The written test comprising of 80 marks consisting of 80 multiple choice questions and each question carrying 1 mark.
- Section A : 65 questions on core Diploma subject
- Section B : 15 questions on General Awareness and Numerical Ability
Time Duration of the written examination : 2 hours (120 Minutes).
TSTRANSCO SE Syllabus 2018
Section-A : 65 Marks.
TS TRANSCO Sub Engineer Diploma in Electrical Engineering Syllabus
I. ELECTRICAL MACHINES:
TRANSFORMERS: Emf equation of single phase transformer, operation of transformer on load, equivalent circuit, vector diagram, open-circuit and short-circuit tests, voltage regulation, losses and efficiency, all-day efficiency, parallel operation of single-phase transformers with equal voltage ratios. Voltage and current relations for three-phase transformer connections. Principle of operation of auto-transformer. Cooling of power transformer, Operation of Buchhloz’s relay.
D.C. GENERATORS AND MOTORS: Expression for emf equation of D.C.Generator, armature windings, armature reaction, types of generators, characteristics. Torque equation of D.C.Motor, characteristics, speed control, starters, losses and efficiency. Testing of D.C. Machines.
THREE-PHASE INDUCTION MOTORS: Constructional aspects of cage and wound rotor types of induction motors, expression for torque, torque-slip characteristics, full load torque, starting torque and maximum torque, effects of variation of rotor resistance; losses and efficiency; different starting methods; speed control methods.
SINGLE-PHASE INDUCTION MOTORS AND COMMUTATOR MOTORS: Constructional features and operation of single-phase induction motors: split phase, capacitor and shaded pole types. Principle of operation of A.C. series motor, universal motor, Schrage motor.
II. SWITCHGEAR AND PROTECTION:
FAULTS AND SWITCHING APPARATUS: Short-circuit calculations; fuses and isolators; circuit breakers: theory of arc interruption and different types of oil circuit breakers; lightning arresters and their selection and location.
PROTECTIVE RELAYING: Basic requirements of protective relaying, primary and back -up protection; classification of electromagnetic relays and their principles of operation; time current characteristic curves; induction type over-current relay, distance relays; Merz price protection, differential protection of transformers, bus bar protection.
III. TRANSMISSION :
LINE CONDUCTORS, LINE SUPPORTS AND SAG CALCULATIONS: Different types of line conductors, conductor sizes commonly used for different voltage levels, Types of line supports, factors influencing the selection, cross-
arms; spans, conductor spacings and ground clearances. Sag calculations and stringing charts.
TRANSMISSION LINE PARAMETERS: Determination of inductance and capacitance of round and parallel conductors in single phase and three-phase symmetrically spaced lines.
PERFORMANCE OF LINES: Choice of voltage; short, medium and long lines; calculation of sending-end voltage, regulation and efficiency for short lines; nominal and nominal-T methods; Ferranti effect; corona: critical voltages and factors affecting corona.
INSULATORS AND SUBSTATIONS: Different types of insulators: Pin type, strain type, suspension type and relative merits; voltage distribution across string of suspension insulators, string efficiency and methods of improving arcing horns. Equipment used in substations, bus-bar arrangements.
CABLE AND DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS : Comparison between overhead lines and under ground cable. Types of cables, insulation resistance; localization of cable faults. Primary and secondary distribution; Feeders and service mains; radial and ring systems of distribution.
IV. MEASURING INSTRUMENTS AND ELECTRIC CIRCUITS:
MEASURING INSTRUMENTS: Indicating instruments: deflecting, controlling and damping torques, pointers and scales; ammeters and voltmeters: moving coil, moving iron, dynamometer, induction types; instrument transformers: C.T and P.T., Wattmeters and measurement of power in three phase systems by two-wattmeter method; measurement of energy: Energy meters; M.D. indicators; trivector meter.
ELECTRIC CIRCUITS: Fundamentals of alternating current quantities, sinusoidal waveform; average and effective values; J-notation for A.C quantities; polar form; single phase series and parallel circuits; impedance triangle, phase, power factor. Active and reactive components of power; series and parallel resonance. Three-phase star and delta balanced systems.
V. UTILIZATION OF ELECTRICAL ENERGY:
ELECTRIC DRIVES: Factors governing selection of motors; matching of motors with given loads; electric braking; rating of motor; types of enclosures; motors for particular drive.
ILLUMINATION: Definitions of commonly used terms and units; types of lamps; requirements of good lighting; laws of illumination; terms like : depreciation factor, utilization factor, waste light factor, luminous efficiency, specific energy consumption, space height ratio.
ELECTRIC HEATING AND WELDING: Requirements of good heating materials, materials generally employed, resistance heating; electric furnace; induction heating; dielectric heating welding generator and transformers.
Section-B : 15 Marks.
TSTRANSCO SE General Awareness and Numerical Ability Syllabus
- i) Analytical & Numerical Ability
- ii) General Awareness
- iii) English
- iv) Related to Telangana Culture & Movement
- v) Computer Knowledge
TSTRANSCO SE District wise Post Vacancies
- Southern Zone : Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Medak, Mahabubnagar and Nalgonda
- Northern Zone : Warangal, Adilabad, Karimnagar, Khammam and Nizamabad
TSTRANSCO SUB-ENGINEER / ELECTRICAL BREAK-UP OF VACANCIES
TSTRANSCO SE PDF Notification
TSTRANSCO SE Payment Link
TSTRANSCO SE Online Application
TSTRANSCO SE Hall Ticket 2018
The hall tickets will be placed on the website seven days prior to the date of examination. The candidate has to down load the Hall ticket from the website only. Hall tickets will not be sent to the candidates by post.
CENTRES FOR THE WRITTEN EXAMINATION :
The written examination for recruitment of Junior Lineman will be held at different centers located in the GHMC
- a) Date of birth certificate (SSC) with marks.
- b) Diploma Certificate with marks.
- c) Community certificate, if SC/ST/BC status is claimed.
(*) Non-Creamy Layer certificate in respect of BC candidates.
- d) PH Certificate (PH-VH, PH-HH & PH-OH)– if PH status is claimed
- e) Study Certificates from 4th to 10th
- f) Proof of Residence if not studied in regular mode.
(**) The above certificates mentioned at (c), (d) & (f) should have been issued by the Govt. of Telangana
- g) In service outsourced worker engaged on contract basis shall submit their service certificate obtained from the concerned Divisional Engineer, evidencing the length of service, and continuity of in service as outsourced worker/with recorded evidence through sub-station Log Book certified by the concerned Officer.
With recorded evidence of EPF No in his name to be certified by the concerned DE.
- h) Latest Passport size photo
Incoming search terms:
- sub engineer transco salary
- transco sub engineer salary slip pdf
- ts Transco se salary
- What is the salary of TS TRANSCO Sub Engineer