E Passport India 2022 Apply Online Download: Online portal passportindia.gov.in has been launched for Registration to E-Passport India 2022. Also, we can login and download the E-passport India 2022 from this official portal.
The Government is planning to issue e-passports to citizens of India starting in 2022-23. E Passport will be a combined paper and electronic passport, with an embedded Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip and antenna embedded as an inlay in the back cover.
The passport’s critical information will be printed on its data page as well as stored in the chip. The characteristics of the document and the chip are specified in International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) document 9303.
The Ministry of India has given technical responsibilities to the entrusted National Informatics Centre (NIC). The e-passports will be produced by the India Security Press, Nashik, which has issued letters of intent for the procurement of 4.5 crore ICAO-compliant electronic chips along with its operating system.
E Passport India 2022 Apply Online Download
Passport Seva Divas had celebrated on 24th June 2022, there commitment is to deliver to the next level of citizen experience. E Passport India Samples are currently being tested and the full-scale manufacture and issue will commence with the completion of the technical eco-system and infrastructure.
The Passport Seva System has also been integrated with DigiLocker system to facilitate paperless documentation process .Government emphasize on the word ‘Seva’ as contained in the ‘Passport Seva Programme’, which aptly summarizes what we are doing today and where we intend to go further tomorrow.features
|Organization issuing the e passport||Ministry of External Affairs, India|
|Eligibility||All Citizens of India|
|Purpose||As it has a biometric record of individuals, it Removes all fake passports and it allows fast passage through immigration center.|
|Features||E-passport, electronic passport or biometric passport is the international travel document with identity details such as passport number, name, surname, nationality, and date of birth, as well as an electronic microprocessor chip containing data such as fingerprints, photos, and signatures.|
|Issuing Date||From June 2022 (Started Now)|
|E Passport Online Application||passportindia.gov.in|
E-passport, electronic passport or biometric passport is the international travel document with identity details such as passport number, name, surname, nationality, and date of birth, as well as an electronic microprocessor chip containing data such as fingerprints, photos, and signatures.
Benefits and Features of E passport India
- All The details of the individual will be available immediately after scanning the e passport, by which there will be easy passage without wasting the time in the queue.
- As it contains all the details along with biometric record, it will prevent fraudsters from conducting data piracy and making duplicate passports.
- On tampering, the chip passport authentication will fail.
- No one can wipe data from it.
- There are 41 security features of e-passport. It is valid for 5 or 10 years based on the age of the applicant.
- Embossed holographic images in a laminated film that appear to change color and move under light.
- Demographic information of the bearer.
- Biometric information of the bearer.
- Fingerprints of all 10 fingers of the bearer’s hand.
- Iris scans of the bearer.
- Colour photograph of the bearer.
- Digital signature of the bearer.
How to Apply for E Passport India
The Online Appointment system has been introduced to ensure avoiding congestion at the Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs) and Post Office Passport Seva Kendras (POPSK) and cutting down the waiting time for applicants.
- Visit the official website passportindia.gov.in
- The prescribed passport application duly filled in should be with all prescribed documents and fees.
- The Appointment Timing and Date will be mentioned.
- NVisit the mentioned Seva Kendra as per your appointment date and time.
- Get your biometrics done for E Passport.
Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or the Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) with the requisite original documents and their photocopies. Photograph is not required.
Online Fee Payment
- Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointment to visit a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or a Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK).
- Online Payment can be made through any one of the following modes: Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa), Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) and Associate Banks only) and SBI Bank Challan.
- Applicants applying under Tatkaal service need to pay only the fee as applicable under the Normal service while making Online Payment.
- The balance fee as applicable for Tatkaal will be payable in cash at Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Passport Office, once Tatkaal application is accepted by Officials.
- Tatkaal facility is presently not available at a Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK). Online Payment will remain valid for one year from the first appointment date. The fee will be forfeited if applicants do not submit application at Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or a Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) within this period.
- No claim for refund, return or exchange of fee will be entertained for passport-related services. In case of multiple payments for the same Application Reference Number (ARN), for Passport-related services including miscellaneous services, the claims for refund will be dealt with as per the extant policy governing them.
The basic supporting documents required with passport application include:
- Proof of Date of Birth i.e. Birth Certificate, etc
- Identity proof with photograph (to be verified by Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) Officials from the address proof and other documents)
- Proof of residence
- Proof of nationality (to be verified by Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) Officials from the supporting documents submitted).
- List of Documents required for following are
- Document Required for Fresh Passport
- for Re-issue of Passport
- Document Required for PCC and Miscl. services
- for Diplomatic/Official Passport
- Documents required for Background Verification for GEP
How to track the application status of E passport India
- To track the Application status visit the following link https://www.passportindia.gov.in
- Select Application type, Field number, Date of birth.
- Click on Track status. There, your status will be displayed.
A multi-lingual National Call Centre operating in 17 Indian languages enables citizens to obtain passport service-related information and receive updates on their passport applications, round the clock, seven days a week. An e-mail based helpdesk besides a mobile based application ‘mPassport Seva’, provides information on passport services. Call Center number : 1800-258-1800
E Passport Officers in India
|Andaman and Nicobar||Delhi||Kozhikode||Shimla|
Applicants are advised to visit their jurisdictional passport office’s home page to know about additional documents required, if any.
Visit Our website tspsc.net for Recruitment Notifications, Results, admissions and other important details. We provide information that every student and youngster needs.